Thursday, September 15, 2011

People's Choice Voting - Couple's Contest

I am so excited to be posting this....I have truly enjoyed reading all of these stories and seeing how different every single couple really is....to the ones I have not yet been able to meet I hope to be able to meet someday and to those of you who I do know...crazy enough I didn't know how most of you ever met. 


So I will hold the random drawing after voting closing but this blog mean that PEOPLE'S CHOICE voting is NOW OPEN!! So the couple with the most votes wins!! 


How to Vote..... 


1. You have to pick your favorite couple (which may be hard cuz these are AWESOME couple's)

2. Head to www.facebook.com/cmariesphoto (my facebook page)**

3. Vote on the picture you want to win, by commenting "vote" on that picture. 
(You have to "like" the page in order for facebook to allow you to comment)


Side Note: Feel Free to Spread the Word to help out your favorite couple....Post in your status....
"I just voted for (insert your favorite couple's names here), in C.Marie's Photography Couple's Contest....help them win by going to www.facebook.com/cmariesphoto and commenting VOTE on their picture"




**If you don't have facebook feel free to vote for them on the blog, just leave a comment with the names of the couple you would like to vote for. Please select Name/URL and type your name, please leave your name.






The Couples....


Couple #1


Aubree & Jeff


They met:
Me and jeff had meet several times but never thought anything of it he came to my parents restaurant and I waited on him.  One day me and his brother (who was my best friend at the time) were hanging out ...We were driving a friend's car and thought it needed oil, well it didnt need any oil. And we about blew up her car by adding to much oil . Zack (Jeff's brother) worked right around the corner came and got the car and saved our butts! We have been together ever sense! ;D


Pictured with Jeff & Aubree is their little baby girl, Roree.




Couple #2


Ashley & Jeff


Their Love Story:
Where do I begin?! Well, the summer of 2008, my roomate at the time talked me into going to work as a counselor at a sleep-away camp with her in the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania with no internet, no phone service, and no communications whatsoever with the outside world for an entire month. I had nothing planned that summer so I did. I ended up having the best summer of my life. Jeff was a counselor as well, and his best friend from back home (NJ) had talked him into going to camp to teach rocketry, frisbee golf and roller hockey. I was an arts and crafts instructor. Every day he would find 5 minutes to sneak over to the arts and crafts pavilion to flirt with me or bring me a note he wrote me. We spent all of our days off together.

The first day off we had together we went with a couple of other counselors from camp. We decided to go camping. We ended up in a small town called Deposit, PA. Got pulled over for having a head light out. Hung out around the campfire that night drinking Molson Canadian beer. There were little questions on the back of the Molson label like, "If you were an animal what would you be?", We went through about 3 cases of beer so we got to know each other really well. Also, we decided that since the beer really helped us bond, if we have a boy, (which I hope to have 3), his middle name is going to be Molson! I know its crazy but we loved the idea as soon as we thought of it. We slept out under the stars that night. The next morning, we got up at sunrise, we playing frisbee golf in the state park, ate lunch at a cute little country diner, got the headlight fixed, then we went tubing on the river, found an awesome waterfall, and ate some really good pizza at a small pizzeria by the camp. The rest of the summer came and went. We said goodbye and went our separate ways. I went back home to Ohio and and he went back home to NJ. During the month of September we kept calling each other and talking on the phone for hours, neither one of us not really knowing where this would go. Jeff asked me if he could come visit in October. He came and we had a great time. We threw a huge Halloween party while he was here and the entire night I kept introducing him as my boyfriend. Then in front of everyone he asked me to be his girlfriend. We would visit each other back and forth between OH and NJ every other month and then in March of 2009, 6 months after we met, he packed up all his stuff and moved here for good. We have been living together quite happily ever since. Our families are extremely supportive of our decisions and Jeff's family comes to visit every couple of months. We have both recently gotten new jobs and we are making a real effort to try and get our shit together so we can get married and start having boys! Okay well Jeff isn't ecstatic about that last part, but its on the list of things to do. To be honest, with Jeff's new job, we have been talking about most likely getting engaged around this December and I can't wait! :) 



Picture to the Left is the 1st picture of them taken right after he asked Ashley to be his girlfriend. :-) 



Couple #3

Mara & Danato

Their Love Story:
I moved to Dayton, Ohio 3 years ago to begin dancing with a dance company out of college.  I got a day job at the bank.  One of my customers had the most interesting name...Danato Andriacco.  I was always so curious and waited on him at the drive through almost everyday!  We always made small talk and he was so nice, and so cute!  About a year and a half ago he sent a note through the drive through bank tube asking for my number.  I know I turned beat red and regretfully wrote back I was taken.  After that I was even more interested but stayed dedicated to the person I was with.  Well that past relationship went terribly wrong...for a reason!  About two weeks after my break up I was wondering if it was too late to give Danato my number.  I knew he had an unusual name so I looked him up on facebook and sure enough there he was and I wrote him a message!  I told him who I was, asked more about him, and told him I was single but knew it was probably too late.  He responded right away and said he would love to go out!  We messaged back and forth a bit and he told me in two and a half weeks he was leaving for Army basic training.  I immediately was unsure what to do.  He said he wanted to take me out, get to know each other better because who knows what could happen...thank god we did!  Those two weeks were amazing, we spent time together, I met his friends and family, we went to church together, and the day he was leaving he told me it was so soon but wanted to tell me he was falling in love with me and wanted to stay in touch and start where we left off when he came back in six months.  I was SO happy and in love with him!
I waited for a letter in the mail and recieved one after about two weeks.  From then on for three months we got to know each other through letters.  It was so romantic and sweet.  Every other weekend I would maybe get a phone call for a few minutes.  Fortunately his parents lived near me and we kept in touch, hung out, got to know each other, and I really learned so much from them about their son!
Danato had two weeks off for Christmas and New Year's....thank god!  We decided he would come home with me for Christmas to meet my family in Michigan.  It was amazing and my family loved him and said they could tell he was the one!  I took him to the airport to finish three more months of training after New Year's.  It was so sad and like a movie moment at the gate.
My mom, his parents, and I went to his graduation in South Carolina from basic training.  It was an awesome trip and we were all so proud!  He was announced as soldier of the cycle and it was an amazing moment.  It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen and I have never been so proud and in love. We had a count down to when he was coming home.  We wrote letters and talked about so many feelings and plans and what we hoped would happen when he returned!
When he finally came home we started looking for a place to live together!  Since then everything has been perfect!  He is in the Army reserves and trains one week a month and two weeks a year.  We have a home together now and have had so much fun and know we were meant to be together!  I am 26 and he is 31 and we knew there was a plan for us, we are ready to have the right person and a life together, and one day a family!
All the things we talked about through letters and during his training have happened and came true for us!
I planned a week camping trip with him up north MI where I go every summer!  He loves to camp and we were both so excited for our first vacation together!  I told him all about things we could do and places to go.  Especially my favorite restaurant at a historic landmark in Cross Village, MI.  There is a long scenic drive to get there and the restaurant has great food and a beautiful view from the gardens in the back.  It is known for sunsets, and live music, and amazing food.  We ate dinner, and perfect timing went to watch the sunset.  He told me he had a surprise and to close my eyes.  I opened them and he had a beautiful ring and proposed!  I was SO surprised...and So happy!  The rest of our vacation was amazing and since we came home we have been planning a wedding!  I know I am so lucky to have him and that we were meant to be together!  There was definitely a plan for us!  I know we have a great future ahead....and he looks so handome in a uniform!  haha  :)  I love our story and am so in love!  We have been together for almost a year now and we could not be happier!

The picture below was taken where Danato proposed on July 26!



Couple #4

Alysha & Mike

Their Love Story:
My fiancee Mike and I first met when I was 8 years old.  He is my best friend's older brother so we grew up together.  He was the typical older brother always teasing me from age 8 until college.  Both of our families always joked that we were going to get married and we always denied it.  It wasn't until we were both in college that we realized there could be something there beyond me just being his sister's best friend.  Every year since age 15 I would go on his family vacations and one year we got stuck riding the whole way together.  It was then that we both realized that we complimented eachother very well and understood eachother's unique sense of humor.  A few months after that we slowly began dating and our families immediately started saying we told you so.



Couple #5

Danielle & Adam

Their Love Story:
I met my Fiance on a blind date.  It all started with my best friend having a dream that Adam "my finace" and I had gotten married.  So the next day she set up a double date with her and her boyfriend and Adam and I.  Before this date I had never seen Adam before so I had no clue what he looked liked.  At first I wasnt too sure if I wanted to go on a date with a guy who I didnt even know what he looked like and I have never even talked to before.  The only thing my friend told me was his name, how old he was, and that he was a fireman.  So I was very nervous about who will be showing up at my door step.  But as soon as he came to the door to pick me up I knew instently that I made the right choice on going the blind date.  That night we had alot of fun and we hit it off really well.  After the date I told my parents that he was the "one" and I was going to marry him.  And since that day we have been together and we will be soon getting married next year



Couple #6

Andrea & Scott

Their Love Story:

Our story is not normal nonetheless beautiful. Our story is not romantic but Oh! full of romance. Our story is not funny yet we have had so much fun, even though some of you will think it's funny.
El Paso TX. Last days of April 2011. It was either Friday or Saturday. My friends and I were bowling and afterwards we were headed to the club. When we went in to the club it was empty and no fun. We decided to go to the bar scene instead. We spent the night bar hoping. Finally we settled for a bar called Cincinnati Bar and Grill (funny, right?) on Cincinnati Ave. My friend "Bella" starts saying "Butcher's here! Butcher's here!". In my head, I'm like "Shut up about it already! Who's this Butcher guy?"-I thought it was just a really mean nickname-. So, I asked her "Who is that guy?". B: "A friend of mine. From what I've heard, he is a great lover and will get you anything you want. He is really sweet" A: "Oh really?". In my head again: "I want to meet him". Therefore, I met him! He was so drunk it's not even funny yet in actuality it was so funny! He liked me as soon as he saw me, drunk and all. I didn't like him but I was sober and the scene was new to me. Right away he puts his arm around my neck, clinging onto me, and asks "What's your pleasure baby? What are you drinking on?". I laughed so hard at his face but he couldn't possible know how funny this was. We went to the bar and got drinks. He did not leave my side for a minute and made sure my drinks kept coming. Gentleman? I would think so.
As we roamed through the crowd he would not let me go or out of his site. We spoke and asked questions to each other but very limited due to his condition. We later on went to another bar and here comes the good part. At that other bar our friends were in a corner and him and I went to get some drinks. For some reason we were facing each other. Facing each other closely. I was surprised and nervous. I asked: "Are you going to kiss me now?" S: "Do you want me to kiss you?" I do not remember what my answer was but yes we kissed. The rest of what happened right before the night ended will remain untold as it was for the sake of my dear husband. Let's just say the night was cut short and he ended up at the hospital-not funny-.
After the incident I did not wonder or think about him. I was dating someone else at the time. Drama!? Thursdays are officially part of the weekend in many places but for sure in El Paso. It is my friend's favorite day to go out. It is also the day in which my friend "Bella" goes to church. She invited me to go with her. I accepted. After church we were going to a bar. Ironic? I get there and she says "Butcher's coming" (I still did not know that that was his last name). I thought "Great!" "Awkward?" Oh yes very awkward, specially for him. When he gets there he did not look at me or said anything to me. I felt so bad. I thought he was embarrassed but then why go if he knew I was there? Turns out he remembered me and wanted to see me. I laughed inside so hard. He sat beside me again speechless. So was I. Finally he said something and we broke the ice! Before that my dad and I had had a difficult and very sad conversation. He was kicking me out. I was very upset.
We then headed to "Bella's" place to leave her little girl. Finally Scott and I were facing each other completely sober and we talked. I told him my situation and he offered his couch for me to stay in. I accepted. We went to the bar and we had the greatest conversation. We had some drinks. I couldn't drive. So he drove me. Then forward we did not leave each other's side except for a two week vacation I had and now due to he is in Iraq serving our country for the 3rd time.
I stopped dating the other guy and Scott and I spent as much time together as we could since he was leaving soon. The months past by and we started talking marriage. It was sudden. It was so soon. I do not even remember when the subject came up. Anyhow, we did not care about time. We were in love. We were meant to be. 
The engagement was not romantic at all! Maybe just for one thing: it was a full moon that night. We went ring shopping and I told him to make it special even though we were buying the ring together. He said he was not able to do anything special due to the timing. So, in the parking lot of the "Biggest Store of All"(you all probably know which one that is) he got on one knee and asked me to be his wife! We announced our parents by phone and everyone else, well let's just say we made it Facebook official.





Couple # 7

Adriene & Blaine

Their Love Story: 
On Friday February 13, I was sitting in a McDonalds parking lot with my friend from high school.  We were eating double cheeseburgers talking about what we should do that night.  I was a sophomore in high school.  We decided to travel to the Dayton Mall which was about 30 minutes from where we were at.  We knew that our parents would not like us going all the way up there since we had just gotten our license (I did not even have  a car yet!) so we did not tell them.  We started up 75 north when my friend got the idea to visit where she grew up, Piqua, Ohio.  I didnt know it then but I would meet the guy I would marry that night! We decided to still not say anything to our parents and we would just worry about it when they called to see where we were at.  We made it to Piqua in about an hour and stopped at her friends house that my friend had grown up with. We did not know what there was to do in Piqua on a Friday night so they decided to call the guy down the street that my friend had a crush on.  He said that he didn't know of anything but that he would call a couple friends and get back to us.  About fifteen minutes later he called us back and said to meet him and his friend at the bowling ally.  To this day, the friend still talks about how Blaine was the last person on his list of friends to call that night, everyone else was busy!  We met Brandon and Blaine at the bowling ally and I instantly knew this guy was going to be someone in my life.  We played pool, I flirted, he didn't even notice! We spent the rest of the night together.  Then our moms call.  We told them we were at a basketball game for high school.  Brandons uncle just so happen to be the principal of our high school...For years my mom believed that I met Blaine at a Lakota East High School basketball game when Brandon and Blaine came to visit Brandons uncle!  The rest is history....



Couple #8

Lo & Aaron

Their Love Story:
Aaron and I (Lo) met through a mutual friend, one night at a University of Dayton party (where i never expected to meet anyone). This party however, was a "What the 'HECK' are you Wearing" party, so you were supposed to dress in something ridiculous. Well I had normal clothes on because i  wasn't informed; Aaron was very "keen: on the theme of the party. In fact, he was dressed in ALL ORANGE! Now keep in mind it's September 6th and still very hot outside, my favorite item of his was the ORANGE detachable FLEECE HOOD! Yes, just the hood. Did I mention that I HATE the color orange ironic right!?  

            Well at the end of the party my friend was walking me to my car and told me that he thought Aaron liked me. I turned to him and said, there is NO WAY in heck! that Aaron likes me. UD boys do not like girls like me! See I'm not a huge "party goer" and UD is known for partying. He insisted Aaron DID. He went on saying that Aaron said I was a "cool, funny & sweet girl" that he wanted to hang out with me again and soon! Apparently, Aaron asked our friend if it would be okay to "facebook friend" me and invite me out tomorrow night, I said sure why not. Still refusing to believe that Aaron could ever possibly like me, I said he probably just wanted to be friends and headed home. 
           The next morning I woke to a friend request and message from Aaron with his enjoyment of meeting me last night, his number and an invite to his fraternity house that night. I went, met a lot of his brothers and from then on we hung out every single night that next month and 1/2. When Aaron started asking me on dates, however, I made him "group" date me for a month and a half. Against his liking, he was patient with my jaded self, made the best out of every situation, and respected my choice. It became a joke because sometimes I'd even pay for his frat. brothers to come along with us. 
           After all his waiting I finally let him take me out on a "us only" date and that night he asked me to be his girlfriend. The funny thing was that I said "No" at dinner, and waited for him to ask me later, just to keep with our joke. He asked of course, determined and driven as usual, and I said "YES!! of Course!". He then did the sweetest thing ever and explained that because he knew committing to him was a big deal and risk for me, he wanted to do something that was equally a big deal and risk for HIM as well. So he looked at me with his BIG blue eyes and told me he loved me, and had fallen in love with me since we'd met! I told him I felt the same and couldn't hold it in anymore, I told him I loved him too! 
           Our 2 year anniversary is this October 17th..and it feels like i've known him my whole life, but that it's still that first week we'd Met. Since then Orange has grown to be my Best Friend, Soul Mate, Confidant & the LOVE of my Life.




Couple # 9 

Elizabeth & Sunny

Their Love Story:
Sunny and I met in one of the most romantic places one could think of.  We were celebrating our best man's 19th birthday at, of all places, Chuck E. Cheese.  Though we had gone to high school together, we had never met.  We met over greasy pizza - Sunny thought I talked too much, I thought he was way too quiet.  Our best friends were dating each other, so over time we accidently spent a significant amount of time together.  I invited him to tag along to my family vacation spot at the end of summer, where we had our first kiss.  We may have been friends first, but he grew into the love of my life...my best friend.  


Sunny proposed this summer during our yearly trip to my grandfather's cabin in Michigan's UP. After hiking along the beach at Lake Superior, we took a private tour of a light house.  At the top, he dropped to one knee and proposed. Who says you can't meet your future husband at Chuck E. Cheese? 



Couple #10

Trish & Drew


Their Love Story:

We met on Drew's first day living in Upper the summer of our junior. I offered to give him a ride home from a friend's house and he had no clue where he lived! He also did not know the phone number, so we couldn't call and ask where he lived! We had to drive around town until he saw something that he recognized before we found his house. It was pretty funny and we had plenty of time to get to know each other!
We have now been together for 4 years and engaged for 3. We are getting married next summer and cannot wait! :)





Couple #11


Jerilynn & Paul


Their Love Story:
Paul and I met when we worked at UDF together. We worked together for about a year and both were in relationships. We were always close friends and could talk about anything. Then we both became single and started to hang out with a little push from Cortney Shannon haha.  We are both very shy about relationships but we decided to start hanging out and we went on Our first date and we went snow sking and Paul was horrible lol. He fell many times and almost wiped out the entire line for the lift haha. But we had a blast and really enjoyed spending time together and have been together ever since. We've been together almost two years now. We havent had any pictures together which is bad since I am a photographer haha. But hopefully we could win this contest and have some awesome/amazing pictures done by you :)




Couple #12


Courtney & Tim


Their Love Story:
We have a special story on how we met.  One of my good friends at school (WSU) was called to deploy to Iraq in 08 and we kept in touch the whole time he was gone, sent packages and everything.  He got 2 weeks to come home to see family and friends and we met up while he was home.  He was showing me a slide show of pictures of the group he was with and there was this super handsome guy in several of the photos so naturally I asked who he was. The cute guy's name was Tim and he was from Columbus and on this tour with my friend. Back in Iraq our friend passed along the message that a girl from back home thought he was cute. At the time Tim didn't have a facebook but his group of guys created one for him so we could talk. Tim and I quickly became great facebook friends, talked often and as much as we could. Before the boys got back to the US I already knew I was in love with this guy. To avoid being creepy I didn't ask to see him right away when he got home.  A month later we finally met up and have been inseperable since!  Tim proposed to me and we quickly got married, and a month later he left to be overseas again. He is finally home with me now! We are are finally planning our 'second' wedding to have the celebration we deserve!  We truely are soulmates!







Couple #13


Jeanette & Terry


Their Love Story:
Well I actually met my fiance on July 4, 2005 through a mutual friend that I had known in high school. We became very close, he was actually one of my best friends for years. I was in college at UC and him and our 2 other friends would always come watch me cheer at the games or just come down and visit with me. I moved back home in 2009 and our first date was the Trans/ Am Nationals at the end of August. Soon after that car show we decided to become a couple. We both have a great love for Pontiac Trans/ Ams and show/ race cars in general so our first date was perfect for us both. This past August the T/A Nationals happened to fall on the exact date of our 2 year anniversary which was August 27. At the Tipp City Cruise In, in front of around 1000 people, my fiance got on the microphone and bent down to one knee and asked me to marry him over the loudspeaker. The entire car show stopped and cheered when I said yes. He secretly invited my entire family and about 20 of our close friends were there to suprise me after he did this. It was the best night of my life. Of course after this the DJ then made us dance in the middle of main street in Tipp City in front of everyone which was fun as well and our son Kaden got a kick out of running around us while we danced ha ha.





Couple #14


Kelley & Allen


Their Love Story:
Anthony and I met the in 2004 the summer before our senior year in high school. Our high school had like 600 people in our class so even though we went to the same school we'd never met.  A mutual friend introduced us and we've been together ever since. Our courtship was only three or four weeks, so pretty much as long as we've known each other we've been a couple! Our first official date Anthony took me to go see The exorcism the prequel. I sooooo dont like scary movies but i wasnt about to say no! So he took me and half the time i was looking at the wall or above the screen bc i was scared! hahaha. But its a funny story now and i wouldnt change it for anything. We've been together for seven years and he still makes me laugh everyday. The two pics are, ovbiously, graduation haha ya know high school sweethearts and all that and the other is a very very cold trip to nyc, i think we are in central park.













No comments:

Post a Comment