Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Birthday!

This weekend we all celebrated my great great uncle Don's 88th Birthday!! We had a cake made special for him by elé Cake Company that showcased some of the things he has done and loved throughout his life so far! It was a cake complete with the airplane that he flew for a living, a camera, deep sea fishing, train tracks around the cake as well as painting and music. It is hard to fit 88 years on one little cake but we tried our best!

Since I live so far away from Uncle Don, I don't get to see him too often so when I do I try to make the most of it. Although, I do have lots and lots of memories growing up with Uncle Don - Every time I think about Uncle Don I always remember him walking to Grandma Clara's house and popping in through the back door, usually with camera in hand! I still remember what is sounded like when he would say "hheellloo" as he walked through the door! Uncle Don also makes amazingly good jell-o cake!!

I had a great time visiting with him (and the whole rest of the family too) this weekend! Sometimes it is nice to slow down and just visit with each other!

**Uncle Don, I hope Grandma Elaine can bring this up on her computer and show you these pictures, and not to worry I will mail you some this week! I had a wonderful time laughing and smiling with you this weekend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!**
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday
Dear Uncle Don, Happy Birthday to you!
Uncle Don's friend Oscar came to say hello as well! - Oscar is his buddy!
Janelle and Emily enjoying the nice weather at the party!
My Mom & Dad with Uncle Don!


No comments:

Post a Comment