Saturday, July 9, 2011

Relay for Life of Oakwood -Volunteer Photographer

I was able to be the volunteer photographer for Relay for Life of Oakwood tonight and I cannot tell you enough how awesome of a time I had out there with everyone. I have a known many people in my life to have battled with cancer, and sadly not everyone has won that war. Which is why every dollar raised at fundraisers like Relay for Life is so very important. 

It is very late so I only have a few to post tonight but I promise to get the rest up tomorrow after the closing ceremony. 

(As a thank you to all those involved in Oakwood's Relay for Life please email me at 
courtney@cmaries-photography.com 
and I will be happy to send you a disc of all the images from this years amazing relay at no cost to you.)




Singing of The National Anthem started our opening ceremony. And she did a wonderful job!




Survivors Lab! 
This was one of my favorite parts of the night! It really does show that we are getting closer to a cure! It also reminded me that no matter your age, weight, gender, social status, wealth, or knowledge cancer can happen to anyone and it does. It can happen to the ones you love the most or even yourself and those who took the track during this lab are truly some of the strongest people in our community for what they have overcome, and we are all so blessed to have them here today!




Team Holy Angels! - Won my heart over with their Chick-fil-a sandwiches! :-)


This was for my Uncle Don, he past away due to cancer just last month. One of his favorite hobbies was photography, so I couldn't help think of him as I was photographing my first Relay for Life. 


There were over 250 paper lanterns lining the track all in honor or memory of those that have battled cancer. It is really something to see them all like that, it reminds you just how many people lives are effected by cancer.




To see more pictures in the next day or two follow my facebook page at www.facebook.com/cmariesphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment