Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Day of Decorating...

When Mom and Dad are away, the kids WILL make a mess! :-)

This past week I got the chance to hang out with the coolest two kids I know! Emily and Evan!
We spent the entire morning and afternoon playing with frosting, fondant, and generally making the entire kitchen a complete mess! We had a blast! I brought some elé cupcakes and famous buttercream up to their home to get the decorating party started!
(Little did I know I would be cleaning the kitchen for over an hour afterwards
...but it was totally worth it!)

Emily is known as the "Cupcake Boss" in our family and loved every moment and was decorating her cupcakes with flowers and a paw prints. She even made a puppy dog out of fondant for one of her cupcakes. But after we decorated them I ask her if she would like to eat one, and she said "No, I don't really want to eat cupcakes, I just like to decorate them."
I wish I had that problem! That must be her secret to keeping so slim!

While Evan was trying very hard to complete the vision in his head to make a frog out of fondant for his cupcake. Since I have no decorating skills to speak of, I was not much help to him. He had some green fondant in a frog like form but was not happy with it. And said to me with a very serious tone of voice and a concerned expression on his face,
"I have to put this cupcake back in a box that says 'TASTY WORKS OF ART' and this is like a tasty work of crap!!" He is so sweet and tries so hard and I thought he did a pretty job but he must not of thought so highly of his work! But he is just so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment